Geometric and generative systems
Time-based generative works (Video Constructs) were developed from 1980, and first exhibited in 1985 at the Exhibiting Space, London, with paintings developed using geometric and procedural systems.
Exhibitions showing digital art (1980s)
- 1985: Duality and Co-existence
- Exhibiting Space, London (one-person) works shown: Fragments plus paintings
- 1988: Null-Dimension
- Galerie New Space, Fulda (and 1989, Gmunden, Austria). Work shown: Paintings
- 1989: Re-Views: Contemporary systematic and constructive arts
- The Small Mansion Arts Centre, London. Work shown: Video Construct plus painting
- 1989: Constructivism versus Computer
- Galerie FARO, World Trade Centre, Rotterdam. Work shown: First exhibition of colour Video Constructs
Selected Publications (1980s)
- Edmonds, E. A., “Logic and time-based art practice”. Leonardo, Electronic Art Supplemental issue. pp 19-20, 1988.
- Edmonds, E. A., “Towards video constructs”. Measures Art International, 3, pp 20-23, 1989.
- Edmonds, E. A., “Constructing with computers”. Art Monthly, 129, pp 12-13, 1989.